Thursday, November 20, 2014

5 Questions for Poet/Author/Commercial Fisher Billie J. Myers


I asked commercial poet/author/commercial fisher Billie J. Myers 5 questions. Here are his unedited answers:

1. What do you love most about your commercial fishing job in Alaska?

I love the entire rain-gear all the time. The ups and downs of the trips. Maybe I'm bipolar/..lol..Nature, if we are close enough to land to see anything other than water. I love the fact I know what I'm doing on deck and it is fast and furious.The commercial fishing job I have now is Herring Tendering on the F/V Maverick under Captain Larry Reiser. I love the fact it is just him and I on-board and I am the cook/deckhand so we're are eating good and everything is shipshape.

2. When do you do your writing?

I write all the time. I only fish 3 weeks out of the year.

3. Do you have a strategy or approach to your writing that remains the same each time your work on a project?

I write from the heart and whatever mood or twist of my mind I am in at that exact moment.Combined with a story-line to get a message across.

4. What do you hope people will come away with when they read your book(s)?

I hope people find some sort of uninhibited joy or just get a feeling that the poem was POWERFUL and I got an honorable message across.

5. Why Alaska?

I only fish in Alaska now. I am living in Washington and I truly hope people enjoy my book enough for me to have the means to finish my Novel that will be real-life-accounts from a wild, crazy life-style intertwined with three different Fishing Trips that were BEYOND FRIGHTENING.

No comments:

Post a Comment